Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy little bees

Due to all of our electronics being tempermental(everything always has to go wrong at once right?), I am just now able to share these pictures with you guys. They are from the Saturday after we installed them, and this is what they did after 3 days! It truely amazes me what these girls can do in such a short ammount of time.


You cant really tell due to all the bees covering it, but there are 3 little ovals of comb under there, and the bees are filling them with the sugar syrup. :)


And this is from my Langstroth hive, dont worry its comb that was covering the queen cage so we had to cut it out. The yellow stuff is pollen! And I cant even believe how perfect each little cell is, bees are amazing creatures!



After these pictures were taken, we have had a cold rainy spell, and when we checked on the bees next, they were all huddled up together. We didn't stay in the hive too long, because of the cold though. They are still getting their 1 to 1 sugar syrup, so I hope they dont die off, not being established yet and all. I guess all we can do is wait and see, and we will be checking again on their progress this week hopefully. Wish us all the best of luck with this crazy weather.

1 comment:

  1. If you get this, I'd love to hear your genealogy! I've not seen your dad in MANY MANY years. I did a post today (6/7)over on http://genealogyframeofmind.blogspot.com/ my blog, showing a photo I have of your dad at a young age with his mom. Stop in and check it out. So glad you found the blog!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete